Monday, July 9, 2012

A new painting and up-coming Workshops - SOLD


I did a couple of big (30" x 40" and bigger) paintings recently, here is one of them, the inspiration was from my last workshop trip to Texas this May, any suggestion for the title?

I find that it is difficult for me to paint the big painting, I don't have time to continue painting the big painting,  I have to stop painting for a few days after just painting a couple hours very often. Anyway, I finished the painting, it doesn't look too bad.

Here are two of my up-coming workshops, please contact the organizer soon if you are interested:
Sacramento Workshop August 24-26, 2012
Mississippi Workshop March 8-10, 2013

9 comments:

Sergio DS said...

Impresionante, esplĂ©ndido. ¡Me encanta!.

Debra Russell Fine Art said...

as a woman that rides horses, I love the light and subject matter of this one! How about a title with the word "tack" in it. Tack meaning anything that goes onto a horse to ride it. "Tack Strip",

Unknown said...

Just wanted to say I really enjoy receiving updates on your works. I really admire your paintings. They are outstanding! I wish I lived closer cause I would be pleading to take classes from you:-) Thank you so much for doing this blog and sharing your gifts with the rest of us:-)

Stephanie Berry said...

I think this painting is really nice. It's tighter than your usual stuff but has a mystery to the light in it. I thought you painted full time too. You sure do well for not being at it full time!

Barb Berens said...

This is lovely. As a horsewoman I can say you captured the feeling of the soft, well-worn, grippy leather that horsemen love so much! Well done and this is a very exciting painting. We are still hoping to have you come to MI in the late fall for a workshop.

LS Nelson said...

Love the color tone and mood in this painting.

Whitney said...

You're a very good artist!

Patris said...

Can't wait to have you come to Sacramento for our upcoming workshop. We still have a few spaces left--who will those fortunate artists be to sign up first? Contact Patris to register and confirm your spot.

Fongwei Liu said...

Hi Everyone,

Thanks very much for the title and comments!!:)

Happy painting!