Monday, November 23, 2009

Final 5 - the sleeping beauty

Available at New Masters Gallery.

I tried to push my self more about color on this painting, and I find that the higher key painting will be easier to apply the color on it, the lower key painting will be harder, like my last painting. And also when I focus more on drawing (likeness and value) I will lose the color, it's just like the impressionism painting and realism painting, but I think this is also the nature. So I believe that for an artist, as soon as he find the "balance point" of the drawing and the color, he will established his own style, and the "balance point" will be depend on the artist's "art taste".
Huihan pushed me more on the paint application, you can see a little bit from this painting. I will try more on my next painting. I feel I can get more rooms to do the "fine art" with varied paint applications.

3 comments:

Fernando Pena said...

Fongwei, wonderful painting again, I like that soft rendition on the body and the contrast with painting in the foreground

Jane Hunt said...

Fongwei - beautiful work as always!
I have something for you, please stop by my blog and pick it up!:)
Jane

Fongwei Liu said...

Fernando, thank you for the comment!

Jane, thank you very much for the gift!